12th October 2017
So I’ve been nominated for another award – how exciting! I was nominated by Discovering your happiness who writes about topics such as exercise, recipes and emotional wellbeing. She’s evidently built up a very positive reputation and has a mass following, and so is very committed to the blogging she does. Thanks fellow blogger!
So here are the “rules”.. what a scary word.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask 11 new questions for them.
- Finally, list the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo somewhere in the post.
And here are my questions – here’s to getting to know bloggers!
- Do you have any big travel plans coming up?
No. I’ve actually never been abroad before (da da daaaa). I have anxiety, have no money for it, and don’t really have anyone to go with. It isn’t the right time for me, I have to be ready to step far out of my comfort zone.
- Where would be the one place you could travel to?
I always struggle with this question because I’m not particularly cultured or knowledgable about other places. So I don’t know. Sorry.
- What is your dream job?
Hmm..good question. I can think about jobs I might be good at, or I’d like to be really good at and confident in, but I honestly don’t know what a “dream” job for me would be. I’m at a point in my life where I’m having a bit of an identity crisis! I’m questioning who I am and where I belong in the world. I’ve considered becoming a therapist one day, so that is one thing.
- Could you survive without social media?
Does Whatsapp count? I’m not on anything else. I don’t have facebook, instagram, and don’t use my snapchat… the most social media thing I do is go on dating apps. So I probably could, but I’d hate not having internet!!
- What do you have planned for the Christmas season?
I haven’t thought about Christmas as of yet. But usually we just spend time together at home. My mums side of the family have a big get-together but it scares the hell out of me, so I tend to avoid it.
- Share a good samaritan experience you’ve undergone?
Well obviously that would be being a Samaritans volunteer! I’ve been there since December last year and have experienced volunteering in two branches so far. It’s a very rewarding role – I probably shouldn’t talk in detail about the calls, but it’s always nice to be reminded that you’ve made a difference to someone. Even if it’s just listening! Samaritans are unique, and what they stand for, because we don’t intend to advise, provide solutions or push someone in a particular direction. We’re there to explore, support and listen. And that’s something that is really lacking in life.
- Have you ever broken a bone?
No, and I hope I never do!
- If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be?
Hmm…I think we learn from everything we go through, so probably nothing.
- Coffee or hot chocolate?
That’s a horrible question, I love them both! Although if it was an americano, or instant coffee, I’d choose hot chocolate. But then I love a latte. And also there are some rank hot chocolate brands out there! Grrrr. Okay, I’ll go for a latte.
- What are some of your 2018 goals?
I hate setting goals. But my main goal is to complete my degree!
- What is a goal that you have achieved?
Pushed myself to go to the gym and exercise, and pushing myself to socialise. Considering my anxiety, it’s a big step, and gave me a massive boost in confidence.
Right, now I need to nominate 11 others to take part..so here goes:
- Depression, tinder and my random thoughts
- Dad with depression
- uni-life balance
- The Healthy Mermaid
- Life as I know it
- Sex on the internet
- Rachel Ferons
- Happy words
- Virtuous and Valued
- College Mate
- Ellie’s coffee dates
My 11 questions for you bloggers (sorry if they’re personal):
- What is your favourite genre of music, and why?
- Is life better single or in a relationship?
- Is sex important to you?
- Name 3 positives from today
- If you could meet someone again from your past and speak to them, who would it be?
- Who is your favourite music artist?
- How are you feeling?
- favourite food?
- When did you last cry?
- When did you last laugh?
- If you could change something about your life, what would you change?